Thursday, February 10, 2011

Some Days Are Just Utilitarian

I would like to say that I am creative every day. I would also like to say, "I'm afraid I don't have change for your $50 bill, all I have are these hundreds."

There are days, like today, that are just an incredibly long run-on list of To Do's. Nothing exciting, nothing creative, nothing even remotely approaching fun. But the truth of the matter is, we have to get those things done and out of the way to make time for the mystery that is tomorrow.

I don't mind chores and errands. It gives me time to rest my creative self and stop real life from building into an overwhelming mountain of stuff needing done. That does, however, put a lot of pressure on tomorrow to be entertaining and inspiring... I hope it doesn't let me down.

It rarely does.

No comments:

Post a Comment