Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Corybantic ~ A to Z Challenge: Day 3 (ish)

Wildly excited; frenzied.

This word completely contradicts the emotion I felt when I realized I forgot to post yesterday!  Aaaaccckk! Early Onset Fail!!  Oh, wait, maybe it was really close to what I felt.....

I would not consider myself a highly emotional person in terms of expression.  When I get happy I rarely jump up and down screaming for joy.  When I'm sad one would never find me in the fetal position blubbering in a pool of my own tears. When I'm angry I'm not a red-faced beastly annihilator. I don't normally go to the extreme on any level, I consider myself a fairly moderate citizen.

However....

Last week, after having suffered a horrific blow followed by a miraculous save, my favorite American Idol contestant, Casey, sang the most beautiful rendition of Elton John's 'Your Song' that I've ever heard.  At the conclusion, I not only squealed out loud like a little fangirl and clapped, but I became verklempt, and almost cried. 

Yes, you read that correctly.  After years of staunchly maintaining that these teenage girls who scream and cry in the presence of musicians are obviously emotionally unstable and in dire need of a priority evaluation, I have succumbed.  Don't get me wrong, I do not recant.  It's possible I am in need of some type of evaluation. Okay, probable.  However, for the first time in my life I was moved by the performance of someone I don't know from Adam. I have liked songs, even loved songs; I have been impressed by performances or shows. But I cannot say I have ever been moved by the performance of someone I wasn't already emotionally connected to.

This is a first, on multiple levels, but I dare say I was positively corybantic.

2 comments:

  1. I was really happy that Casey was saved too. I almost don't want to keep watching American Idol any more 'cause I don't want to see anyone else get cut. They're all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I put it all out there knowing I may be shunned for being a Reality TV Drone... hehehe

    I'm glad I'm not alone. :^)

    ReplyDelete